5 top tips for creating a memorable brand
Entrepreneur.com defines branding as “the marketing practice of creating a name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates a product from other products”.
While differentiation through design is one aspect of branding, creating a brand that resonates with consumers is about much more than names and symbols.
As David Ogilvy states, a brand is “the intangible sum of a product’s attributes: its name, packaging and price, its history, its reputation and the way it’s advertised”.
Creating a brand for your company is about consistently delivering positive and memorable experiences to your consumers.
The marketing landscape has changed in recent years. With the rise of the internet consumers are now able to freely and easily share their opinions. While this shift can be positive, with consumers becoming brand advocates, there is also the danger of scandals.
So how do you create a positive and memorable brand?
- Have a clear, differentiating purpose. What sets you and your offering apart from what is currently on the market? Your purpose needs to be beyond making a profit and have a clear benefit for the customer.
- Understand your customers. Listen to them. Live like them. What are their pain points, their needs, their desires? By fully understanding who your consumers are, you will be better positioned to create a brand that they will love.
- Define your brand values. If your brand was a person, what traits would it have? Identifying the personality will then help in creating assets such as a logo and tone of voice which reflects your brand accurately.
- Build your organisation. Create your brand assets. Make sure you use your carefully designed brand identity consistently across all channels, whether they are print or digital.
- Deliver your brand. Stick to your promise throughout the delivery of marketing experiences. You may find that your brand develops and evolves as time goes on, but don’t forget the values you were aiming for when you began.
At RizkMcCay, we run brand workshops to help you establish the answers to these questions and more. If you need help with your brand identity, come see us and we’ll get the biscuits out.
We’re ready to listen
If there’s a project on your radar that we can help with, get in touch. The kettle’s always on...
21 The Ropewalk
Nottingham NG1 5DU
Oak House Business Centre
Witham Park, Waterside South
Lincoln LN5 7FB