5 tips to make your marketing campaign a success.
It’s 3pm, you’re snowed under with emails and paperwork and your boss suggests ‘just do a quick email campaign or something.’ As marketers, we’ve probably all been there! With the advent of GDPR and a need to get more intelligent and creative with marketing we’ve put together 5 top tips to give any campaign a solid foundation for success.
1. Set SMART objectives - It’s all well and good doing a marketing campaign, but WHY are you doing it? Setting objectives is key to determining success. And it’s not just saying ‘to raise brand awareness’ – your objectives need to be SMART:
S - specific
M - measurable
A - attainable
R - relevant
T – timely
2. Work out your strategy - How do you know the boundaries for your SMART objectives? What has made you think you need to do a campaign at all? Is it part of something bigger? Start out with a strategy.
A good marketing strategy will be updated at least annually and will include a marketing audit. This audit will contain key internal and external data that enables you to make marketing decisions.
The strategy will also be an overarching plan for your company’s marketing activities which a specific marketing campaign should be a part of.
3. Work out your tactics - Once you’ve got a strategy and your campaign objectives then you need to work out your tactics. This basically means picking the tactics that best suit your needs from the marketing mix.
4. Make it look good - Once you know what you’re doing, why you’re doing it and how you’re going to do it – it’s important to make it look good! Why do all that planning and researching if what you eventually put out doesn’t live up to your expectations or your brand guidelines?
5. Measure success - And finally, you can only know whether something has been a success or not if you measure it against your objectives. That’s why it’s so important to make those objectives clear and achievable so you know whether or not the campaign has done what you originally set out to do.
If you’d like to chat about how we can help with your marketing campaign just give us a call and we’ll get the kettle on.
To get all the latest from RizkMcCay including handy design and marketing tips via email, please add your details here.
By opting in you agree to our specific terms and conditions for marketing.
We’re ready to listen
If there’s a project on your radar that we can help with, get in touch. The kettle’s always on...
21 The Ropewalk
Nottingham NG1 5DU
Oak House Business Centre
Witham Park, Waterside South
Lincoln LN5 7FB